Re: cygport: how to install package sources for debugging without recompiling?

On 30/05/2019 10:03, Soegtrop, Michael wrote:
Dear Cygwin Team,

Cygwin setup allows downloading sources of libraries, but the resulting sources are not immediately useful for debugging. One gets a compressed tar archive, some patches and the cygport file. I know that I can expand sources and apply patches with

cyport <package.cygport> prep

which gives me what I need for debugging, just not in the right place. E.g. some MinGW runtime file is searched by gdb (without giving any directory commands) at

/usr/src/debug/mingw64-x86_64-runtime-6.0.0-1/crt/ucrtexe.c

But after above procedure it is in:

/usr/src/mingw64-x86_64-runtime-6.0.0-1.src/mingw64-x86_64-runtime-6.0.0-1.noarch/src/mingw-w64/mingw-w64-crt/crt/ucrtexe.c

Now of cause I can make a script and copy everything I need where it belongs. But as far as I know

cyport <package.cygport> all

would put the sources in the /usr/src/debug folder. But I don't want to recompile everything, I just want to put the sources where gdb can find them. Is there some way to tell cyport to do this? If not this would be a great additional feature for cygport (which is a very convenient tool).

cypgort is a tool for making packages.

It's already been used to make a package containing what you want: mingw64-x86_64-runtime-debuginfo.

Is there some reason why you can't just install that?