This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: /etc/profile: avoid multiple /usr/bin in PATH
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at nexgo dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2015 22:21:16 +0100
- Subject: Re: /etc/profile: avoid multiple /usr/bin in PATH
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <op dot x88uwyt9ofd6j1 at frascati dot upc dot de> <87oae0venj dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <op dot x9cf2njrofd6j1 at frascati dot upc dot de>
Helmut Karlowski writes:
>> Can you tell me in which circumstances this happens and why this is a
>> problem? SHELL is supposed to be the user preference, so I don't think
>> /etc/profile should try to second-guess it.
> /etc/profile is run before ~/.profile, and if that does not set SHELL
> there will be none.
Yes, but why is this a problem? Note that bash will set it anyway if
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+
Wavetables for the Waldorf Blofeld:
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple