This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: /etc/profile: avoid multiple /usr/bin in PATH
- From: "Helmut Karlowski" <helmut dot karlowski at ish dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2015 22:26:13 +0100
- Subject: Re: /etc/profile: avoid multiple /usr/bin in PATH
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Outgoingd: 0.4.0_m1
- References: <op dot x88uwyt9ofd6j1 at frascati dot upc dot de> <87oae0venj dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <op dot x9cf2njrofd6j1 at frascati dot upc dot de> <87fuzcvdpv dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid>
Am 08.12.2015, 22:21 Uhr, schrieb Achim Gratz:
Helmut Karlowski writes:
Can you tell me in which circumstances this happens and why this is a
problem? SHELL is supposed to be the user preference, so I don't think
/etc/profile should try to second-guess it.
/etc/profile is run before ~/.profile, and if that does not set SHELL
there will be none.
Yes, but why is this a problem? Note that bash will set it anyway if
There must have been one once, I don't remember. And I don't use bash:
aKSH v0.0.1, Dec 7 2015 (cygwin-1.7.35(0.287/5/3))
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple