This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Create new files as sparse on NT systems. (2nd try)
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf at redhat dot com>
- To: cygwin-patches at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 15:36:42 -0500
- Subject: Re: Create new files as sparse on NT systems. (2nd try)
- References: <20030203141333.Y68413email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-patches at cygwin dot com
On Mon, Feb 03, 2003 at 02:18:03PM +0100, Vaclav Haisman wrote:
>This is a little bit improved version of my previous post.
>By default creation of sparse files is disabled. It can be enabled by CYGWIN
>2003-02-03 Vaclav Haisman <V.Haisman@sh.cvut.cz>
> * fhandler.h (allow_sparse): Declare new extern variable.
> * fhandler.cc (METHOD_BUFFERED): New macro.
> (FSCTL_SET_SPARSE): Ditto.
> (allow_sparse): Define the new variable.
> (fhandler_base::open): Try to set newly created or trucated files
> as sparse on NT systems.
> * environ.cc (parse_thing): Add new CYGWIN option.
This is YA case where I don't think that a CYGWIN environment variable option is
UNIX has a method for producing sparse files. If this is desired functionality,
Cygwin should mimic that not invent a new way of doing things.