This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Produce beeps using soundcard
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf at redhat dot com>
- To: cygwin-patches at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 15:32:28 -0500
- Subject: Re: Produce beeps using soundcard
- References: <20030213012822.A20310email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-patches at cygwin dot com
On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 01:34:28AM +0100, Vaclav Haisman wrote:
>this small patch adds an ability to produce beeps (\a) using soundcard by
>MessageBeep() call. It can be enabled by new CYGWIN option winbeep.
>2003-02-13 Vaclav Haisman <V.Haisman@sh.cvut.cz>
> * environ.cc (windows_beep): New variable declaration.
> (parse_thing): New CYGWIN option.
> * fhandler_console.cc (windows_beep): New variable definition.
> (fhandler_console::write_normal): Handle the new option.
> * Makefile.in (DLL_IMPORTS): Add libuser32.a for MessageBeep.
I'm sorry but I really don't want to add too many options to the CYGWIN
environment variable. I don't think this really justifies an option.