Re: Fork issue with timerfd

I made a mistake, the correct snapshot I tested is this:
https://cygwin.com/snapshots/x86/cygwin1-20190306.dll.xz

On Wed, 2019-03-06 at 22:23 +0100, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Mar  6 21:54, Peter Kozich (UM) wrote:
> >
> >       Re: Fork issue with timerfd
> >
> >        From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at nexgo dot de>
> >        To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
> >        Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2019 20:15:32 +0100
> >        Subject: Re: Fork issue with timerfd

> >       Anyway, the latest snapshot seemingly resolved that issue as
> >       well, I can no longer reproduce it.
> >

> > Unfortunately, only seemingly. Factually, the issue persists. And I
> > don't have to do anything with emacs just shoot up, wait cca. 20
> > seconds and it inevitably crashes, and it does so in the
> > foreground,
> > too:
> >
> > peter@D11934N ~
> > $ emacs .bash_history  &
> > [2] 489
> > [1]   Done                    emacs .bash_history
> >
> > peter@D11934N ~
> > $       1 [main] emacs 489 C:\CygWin\bin\emacs-w32.exe: *** fatal
> > error -
> > CreateThread failed for pipesel - 0x0<0x0>, Win32 error 8
>
> I couldn't directly reproduce this issue, but I saw emacs using more
> an
> more memory while the cursor was blinking.  I found a resource leak
> in
> posix timers which was probably the cause for this problem.
>
> I pushed a patch and uploaded new developer snapshots to
> https://cygwin.com/snapshots/
>
> Please test.
>

> Thanks,
> Corinna

I tested this:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
https://cygwin.com/snapshots/x86/cygwin1-20190306.dll.xz

emacs was on for a long time, did not crash and as far as could judge
it did not leak memory.

But it froze a couple of times which I cannot recall I have ever
experienced before. I mean it suddenly became deaf and dumb and while I
was actively editing the text, both the text area and the menu line got
unresponsive. I could only shut it down from the task manager, because
the red X didn't work either.

On the next week I will try the debug version in the hope that it can
make a trace or something helpful. Is there a guide somewhere how to
use it?

best regards
PK