hdparm "Couldn't compute FAST_CWD pointer"

Marco Atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Fri May 4 05:32:00 GMT 2018

On 5/3/2018 11:02 PM, Alejandro Soret wrote:
> Hello, friends.

> I tried attaching a snapshot, but the email got returned to me by your Office 365 saying it was marked as spam. So I will just copy and paste the exact message:
>
> "0 [main] hdparm 5572 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD pointer."
>
> I would really like to be of help to you so please tell me anything I can do to help you mitigate this error. Just to be clear, from what I could test, the app seemed to be working fine after ignoring that warning.
>
> Thank you, keep up the good work.
>
> Best regards,
> Alejandro

Hi Alejandro,

we assume hdparm.exe is using an old version of cygwin1.dll,
see FAQ for more details.

https://cygwin.com/faq.html#faq.using.fixing-find_fast_cwd-warnings

You need to report the warning , it is not an error, to whoever is
distributing the hdparm you are using.

Regards
Marco