Re: Which is it -pc- or -unknown-

On 2017-10-20 10:44, cyg Simple wrote:
> On 10/20/2017 11:24 AM, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
>>>
>>> Fine, it doesn't have to match, why don't you want it to?
>>
>> Because there is no correlation, is completely normal, and therefore no
>> need to special case Cygwin.
>
> What is *normal* about it?  Just because other's do it?  I gave
> scenarios in the mail which you elided from your response which give
> credence to a reason to change it.

You are still looking at these from the same perspective you were
yesterday.  Let me restate this one (hopefully last) time:

Your assumption is that the default and chosen triplets must/should be
one and the same.  They are not, they need not be, and we are far from
being alone in this regard.  Once you accept *that*, then the rest of
this will make sense.  Further insistence that they should be is
counter-productive at this point.

--
Yaakov