Re: Which is it -pc- or -unknown-

On 2017-10-19 16:00, cyg Simple wrote:
> On 10/19/2017 4:35 PM, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:

>>> FINE!  But config.guess should match the CHOSEN one.
>>
>> Incorrect assumption.
>
> You keep saying my assumption is incorrect but that isn't the case.  My
> assumption is based on data supplied by the configure process.

Your assumption is that the default and chosen triplets must be one and
the same.  They are not, they need not be, and we are far from being
alone in this regard.  Once you accept *that*, then the rest of this
will make sense.

Several of us with years of experience in these matters have tried to
help explain this to you.  Repeatedly pointing to the same piece of
"evidence" as supposed proof for your "case", as if it were up for
debate, isn't helping you to understand how things actually work.  This
discussion would be better served by being specific about the package
you are trying to build, how you are trying to build it, and the exact
error message you are seeing.

--
Yaakov