Re: setup graphical chooser : how to list orphaned packages ?

On 10/15/2017 12:10 PM, Ken Brown wrote:
> On 10/15/2017 12:24 AM, cyg Simple wrote:

>>> the cygcheck-dep package can provide dependencies information,
>>> I do not see the need for setup to do it
>>>

>> So the information is available just in a different place than where it
>> should be, the tool I'm using to do the download.  Having a separate
>> package to tell me the package dependencies isn't very friendly; I might
>> not have anything installed, certainly not cygcheck-dep and then I have
>> to learn and remember to use it as a side step of installation.
>
> I think most users would be distracted by seeing the dependencies
> displayed and would have no need for this information.  On the rare
> occasions when they are surprised that something got installed, they can
> use cygcheck-dep (or ask on the list) to find the reason.

So it becomes one of the optional visible fields.  I don't think the
information would be rarely used though, it might help me not have to
search for a package that is going to be installed anyway because I
chose a primary package.  The information has to be useful or
cygcheck-dep wouldn't exist.

--
cyg Simple