AW: RPC clnt_create() adress already in use

Hallo Mark Geisert,

many thanks for your answer. I supposed this too.

I included in my source code the following function calls after clnt_create():

int fd = 0;
bool bool_ret = clnt_control(cl, CLGET_FD, &fd); if(bool_ret == true) {
  printf("fd: %d\n", fd);

  int enable = 1;
  retval = setsockopt(fd, SOL_SOCKET, SO_REUSEADDR, &enable, sizeof(int));
  if(retval < 0)
    fprintf(stderr, "Fehler setsockopt(): %s\n", strerror(errno)); }

The function clnt_control() delivers the socket of the RPC-Client-Handle.
The result is the same as before. Moreover i think, the effect of setsockopt() would be valid only during the process is running (my test scenarios 1 and 2).
But it wouldn't change anything regarding my test scenario 3 (several restarts).

Raimund