Re: Successfully perform backup but warning message

On 9/21/2017 12:40 AM, KC Chin wrote:
> Hi Marco,
>
> Thank you for your reply.
> I have contacted them yesterday, they tell me the problem could be solve by
> updating cygwin in my window server 2012. I have research on google how to
> install the cygwin and downloaded setup-x86_64.exe from
> cygwin.com/install.html
>
> I planned to install this later and use all the default setting. Just one
> simple question, will the program required a restart once the
> installation/uninstallation is finished.

You should exit any program that has the Cygwin1.dll open before
updating Cygwin.

> And also, will it affect the window stability ?

Not any more than you have already affected it.

> Thank you. Hope to hear from you soon.

One thing you need to look at in the FAQ is the presence of what this
list refers to as BLODA.  The presence of certain antivirus and other
programs may affect your ability to update and use Cygwin.

--
cyg Simple