Trouble compiling Linux source bundle

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to compile some SAT solvers, which all come as Unix source-code bundles, under Windows 10. I have installed Cygwin at c:\cygwin, and added c:\cygwin\bin to my Windows path. Lingeling came with the following instructions:

configure && make

Once I realised this translates to...

sh configure.sh && make

...it was fine, and I am happily running Lingeling - which is a good SAT solver! Unfortunately, many of the other SAT solvers are based on MiniSat - and these all have the same instructions, which I cannot follow:

export MROOT=<minisat-dir>  (or setenv in cshell)
cd { core | simp }
gmake rs

I don't know what export MROOT means (or setenv). Then I do cd core (to get to the C:\Temp\MapleCOMSPS\core folder), and issue...

make rs

...I receive the error:

Makefile:4: /mtl/template.mk: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target '/mtl/template.mk'.  Stop.

It cannot find included files in C:\Temp\MapleCOMSPS\mtl . I have also tried adding C:\Temp\MapleCOMSPS\mtl to the Windows path - but this didn't change anything.

Apologies if this question has more to do with my lack of knowledge of compiling under Linux than it does with Cygwin - but it would mean a lot to me to be able to get the other SAT solvers working, so I would really appreciate guidance!