Re: How to repeat a bash shell script until success

On July 14, 2017 9:06:02 AM EDT, cyg Simple <> wrote:
>On 7/14/2017 1:27 AM, Gary Johnson wrote:
>> On 2017-07-12, Bryan Dunphy wrote:
>>> I have a shell script, originally created for Mac OS X. that waits
>>> for an external drive to be mounted (by .
>>

>In reality the OP script appears to be executed in a crontab system and
>executed every X minutes.  So a change to the OP question is needed
>which is answered at[1].  Let's remember some people have no real clue
>as to what question they should ask and we need to interpret what is
>being asked into what should have been asked.  If interpretation isn't
>possible then asking for a use case would be warranted.
>
>[1]
>https://stackoverflow.com/questions/707184/how-do-you-run-a-crontab-in-cygwin-on-windows

cyg Simple,
Thanks much for this. It seems the link is misleading, because it says cygrunsrv and cron-config must be used to get Cron to work.

I've been frustrated without admin, being unable to use these. It turns out simply adding
/usr/sbin/cron to .bashrc will make Cron available. Or, slightly more complicated,
to avoid "lock" errors:
$HOME/bin/startcron

Containing:

#!/bin/bash