libUSB-Win32

Hi.

Never run into this before. Running Win7 and installing cygwin via setup-x86_64 v2.879.

I kept running into categories I couldn't install due to a missing libUSB-W32 driver. Some of the categories are

Devel
Math
Net
Publishing
Python

I get an error about libusb0, says I need to install this driver. Does anybody know;

What this is?
What it does?
What uses it?
Why it isn't part of the cygwin packages apparently?

Tnx.

--

Chris,  (from the laptop)