question about pread() while reading /dev/sdb

Hello, I'm porting tool from Linux envirmnment to Windows Cygwin.
I'm unable to get correct data from pread() while reading /dev/sdx
On Linux it works as expected, under Cygwin I receive uncorrect data.

I have isolated the problem with the following program:

#include  stdio.h
#include  sys/types.h
#include  sys/stat.h
#include  fcntl.h
#include  unistd.h

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
  unsigned char sbuff[512];
  int f1;
  f1=open(argv[1], O_RDWR);
  pread(f1, sbuff, 512, 0);
    for(int i=0; i 512; i++) printf("%x ",sbuff[i]);
  close(f1);
}

If the argument is regular file it works. But if the argument is /dev/sdb it does not provide correct data. The shell is run under Administrator permission.
Thank you for your opinion.
Josef