Re: setup release candidate - please test

On 08/05/2017 17:19, Ian Lambert via cygwin wrote:
On May 8, 2017 7:06:31 AM EDT, Jon Turney  wrote:

As reported before, _64 still can't make it through my location's
apparently unusual proxy, although cygwin's wget given proxy and
password still can. Install with local mirror option works ok still.
Windows 7 Enterprise SP1.

It's unsurprising that 2.878 didn't fix this, as it didn't contain any changes intended to.

However, since I had the code open in my editor, I took look at this...

This is pretty difficult to investigate without access to a (working) NTLM proxy (getting even ntlm_fake_auth working in squid is beyond me...).

Nevertheless, testing with that did suggest something, so I built a snapshot (See [1] for source) which tries something different, and does a bit more logging, so setup.log.full might shed a bit more light on why this doesn't work.

Please test.

https://cygwin.com/setup/setup-2.878-3-gf41e2e.x86.exe
https://cygwin.com/setup/setup-2.878-3-gf41e2e.x86_64.exe

[1] https://sourceware.org/git/gitweb.cgi?p=cygwin-setup.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/ntlm-proxy-debugging