Re: bash shell gets aborts under latest Windows 10 updates as of 4/2/17

Greetings, Fran Litterio!

> On 5/5/2017 7:30 AM, Andrey Repin wrote:
>>> You can rebase all the DLLs as follows:
>>
>> That's not how to do it.
>>
>> 1. Run
>>
>>    rebase-trigger full
>>
>> 2. Shutdown all Cygwin processes.
>> 3. Run setup utility to the end.

> Thanks, Andrey.  I have seen those instructions, but the rebaseall
> command itself says this when run in Bash:

> $ rebaseall
> rebaseall: only ash or dash processes are allowed during rebasing
>      Exit all Cygwin processes and stop all Cygwin services.
>      Execute ash (or dash) from Start/Run... or a cmd or command window.
>      Execute '/bin/rebaseall' from ash (or dash).

> Is there evidence that the instructions displayed by rebaseall are
> incorrect?  Is it possible that the setup utility simply runs rebaseall?

No, documentation of the utility is correct, but process you described is
obsolete. rebaseall was integrated into setup for a long time now.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...