Re: How to debug XWin starting only sometimes?

On 01/05/2017 16:19, Leon Meier wrote:
When starting "XWin Server" though the windows shortcut, it sometimes
won't start; other times it will.

Sorry to hear that you are having this problem.

[...]
Any hints who may be the culprit and/or how to debug the issue?

It might be useful to compare the logs between an successful and unsuccessful startup attempt. The differences might be a useful clue.

> In /var/log/xwin/XWin.0.log.old we see
>
> [   775,375] winMultiWindowXMsgProc - Fatal error 1 on xcb connection

I'm guessing that perhaps this was from an unsuccessful previous run? In which case I would be interested to see the whole log.

--
Jon Turney
Volunteer Cygwin/X X Server maintainer