Re: cygpath compatiblity break (v2.1 -> v2.7)

On 2017-04-26 09:20, cyg Simple wrote:
> On 4/25/2017 9:51 PM, Brian Inglis wrote:
>>> It's documented in all subscription confirmation and acknowledgement
>>> emails from the mailing list manager, unless you subscribed before
>>> ezmlm was used, and you can get it by sending a blank plain text
>>> email to <list>-help@cygwin.com e.g. mailto:cygwin-help@cygwin.com.
>> [last line scrambled by email address obscurer]
>> email to <list>-help at cygwin dot com e.g. cygwin-help at cygwin dot com
> I was going to state the same yesterday but I gave it a try first.
> The resulting mail doesn't explain the use of cygwin-get.MSGID that I
> saw. It mostly refers to the FAQ on cygwin.com.

Other lists' help is more informative - single message retrieval based
on the ml msg# is implied, but the source of that number is not obvious:

"To get messages 123 through 145 (a maximum of 100 per request), mail:
   <cygwin-get.123_145@cygwin.com>

   <cygwin-index.123_456@cygwin.com>

so you'll actually get 100-499.

send an empty message to:
   <cygwin-thread.12345@cygwin.com>"

should be added to the cygwin ml help, as should the source of the msg#
as being the number in the raw message Return-path: header, and -help
should be a command, and added to the ml help.