Re: Updated: xorg-server-1.19.3-1

On 21/04/2017 23:54, Jim Reisert AD1C wrote:
* If I'm in an X Emacs window, then click back in my X term, the focus
is still with the X Emacs window.

I misspoke, and left out an important detail:

If the windows do *not* overlap, then there appears to be no problem.

If the XTerm window is behind the XEmacs window while I'm editing,
then I move the mouse pointer back into the Xterm, neither window has
focus.  I can move the mouse pointer back into the XEmacs window to
get focus there, but I can never get focus back to the Xterm.

I saw this problem with xterm, even with non-overlapping windows.

Anyhow, this attempted fix wasn't right, and probably only worked for some X clients by accident.

I've uploaded an xorg-server-1.19.3-2 test release, with an another attempt, perhaps you could give that a try?

xorg-server-1.19.3-1 has been retroactively changed to a test release.

Furthermore, the particular Windows setting I'm using for mouse
activation is in the "Ease of Access Center", under "Make the mouse
easier to use".  I have "Activate a window by hovering over it with
the mouse" checked.  In addition, I'm using a Windows registry hack to
simply give the window focus without making it active, i.e. moving it
to the top:

http://winaero.com/blog/turn-on-xmouse-active-window-tracking-focus-follows-mouse-pointer-feature-in-windows-8-1-windows-8-and-windows-7/

This is what I normally use, also.