Re: XWin focus in multiwindow mode

On 14/04/2017 12:23, Nicolas Goy wrote:
I noticed that a few apps don't manage focus properly when running under
XWin.

not lost in the X11 window.

Steps to reproduce (with terminator):
- Start terminator under XWin with multiwindow window manager
- Focus a Windows window by clicking on it

Expected behavior:
- Focus should be lost from the terminator window

Actual behavior:
- The terminator window remains focused. (by focused I mean that the
caret remains plain, and the titlebar remains in the focused color, the
windows properly lose keyboard focus and other OS level focus)

Thanks for the detailed bug report.

It looks like we were never doing quite the right thing to remove the X input focus when losing Windows focus.

I've uploaded xorg-server-1.19.3-1 with a fix for this.

Perhaps you could try that and see if it improves things for you?

- Also, if I open a menu (in android studio for example), and click a
Windows window, the menu remains open.

This is also a long standing bug, but is more complex to fix.

At the moment, clicks outside X windows aren't seen by the server at all, hence this behaviour.

--
Jon Turney
Volunteer Cygwin/X X Server maintainer