Another BLODA with Cylance PROTECT? Can't rebase

I'm setting up a new Windows machine, and as usual, hitting a problem with
installing Cygwin.

setup-x86_64.exe.  Package postinstall shows

Package: 0/Perpetual
	0p_000_autorebase.dash exit code 2
Package: _/Unknown package
	base-files-mketc.sh exit code 254
	base-files-profile.sh exit code 254

"cd /etc/postinstall" and running by hand in ash shows

$ ./0p_000_autorebase.dash
creating empty /var/cache/rebase/rebase_pkg
      0 [main] dash 12952 fork: child 12912 - died waiting for dll
/bin/rebaselst: 98: /bin/rebaselst: Cannot fork
$ ./base-files-mketc.sh
      0 [main] sh 13628 fork: child 10276 - died waiting for dll loading,
errno 11
./base-files-mketc.sh: fork: retry: Resource temporarily unavailable

Running /bin/rebaseall by hand, the old way, had no output and no effect.

The new laptop has Cylance PROTECT on it.  It might be BLODA ... but it's
not on the BLODA list, and I tried setting "export CYGWIN=detect_bloda"
but the output doesn't change.  There might be some other BLODA that I
don't know about.  BTW, it's a work laptop and thoroughly locked down, so
I can't change any settings for it.

Did I miss something in Web pages?  Any suggestions on how I might proceed?

Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com