Re: bug in cygcheck -- claims missing files, but files are not missing.

L A Walsh wrote:
Andrey Repin wrote:
Greetings, L A Walsh!
Hi Andrey Repin! ;-)
Any idea how to figure out what cygcheck is doing?

How did you invoke cygcheck?
I've seen similar behavior when invoking it as /usr/bin/cygcheck outside the Cygwin environment.
----

I invoked it from bash at the same place I typed 'll' (ls -l).

It's very confusing -- have run it more than once, since
I do have some missing files, but not the number of
files cygcheck lists. Thanks...
---
   I think I may be on the path to sorting this out... it seemed to be
looking in another directory created by the install process (vs.
the previously existing one, which it ignored), having to do
with the old path being valid by using Windows-soft-mounts (junctions),
and cygwin overwriting/deleting them because cygwin conflates
junctions and symlinks and treats them the same, losing any
windows-configuration difference.
Usually it's not so much of a problem, as I haven't upgraded my
cygwin SW for some time.  But I forgot how much of a pain it is
because it messes things up every time I run setup (sigh).

It's hard to get the SW installed in the right place when it
keeps overwriting soft-mounts.