Re: Very Slow Setup Parsing / was Re: Segmentation Faults

On 3/22/2017 11:59 AM, Ian Lambert via cygwin wrote:
I've now downloaded a complete cygwin mirror
onto a networked storage, done a new install, and
cygwin works OK again. However, doing updates or
package installs is (1) extremely slow, and (2) giving
a below reported permissions problem.

(1) Slowness. After the setup initial steps and pointing
to the local install location, I get to the following display
for 10s of minutes to hours (see log excerpt farther down).
It eventually goes to the next step. There is a very
low, steady network traffic during the delay. This
storage and network is usually fast for other things,
including during actual package installs.

You might want to checkout the '-m --mirror-mode' option to setup.

Ken