Re: setup redownloads everything all the time, including the packages list, and also has a foolish UI

On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 7:16 AM, Csaba Raduly <rcsaba@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 1:46 PM, Leif W wrote:
>> Setup re-downloads the entire 2MB packages file every single time.
>
> It has to do this; the packages file might have changed since the previous run.

The original post isn't clear to me, but implies that everything, not
just the setup.ini packages list, is redownloaded...

If this is referring to setup.ini, this is expected for the reason stated.

If this is referring to _everything_... if package XYZ is the same
version as the last time it was downloaded, it should not have
changed, and should not need to be redownloaded.  If the version has
changed, certainly a download of the new version is in order, but if
it has not changed, there should be no need or consideration of the
remote file having changed.  Even the test builds specifically not
intended for production use increment version numbers when updated for
a change in the build.

I think some clarification on this from the original poster is needed.

-- Erik