Re: Manual installation of cygport packages

Rui Pedro Caldeira writes:
> Hello all, I'm new to this and I successfully build a package with
> cygport. My problem is that, I would like to install it in order to
> test if the package was successfully built. Is there anyway to do
> that?

Yes, you can point setup to a local directory.  It must not look like a
package mirror (i.e. doesn't have an ini file in an x86 / x86_64
subdirectory).  The packages still belong into a directory that is named
after the package I think.  You won't be able to do dependency
resolution that way, so unless it is really a one-off, you'd better
create a local package mirror and then integrate your new package into
that, using calm to re-generate the ini files.

Regards,
Achim.