Re: suggest adding posting dates to follows-up and references

On 02/22/2017 10:31 AM, Nellis, Kenneth (Conduent) wrote:

> No, I'm not using webmail. I am using browser to read postings directly
> from http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin. (I copied from the web page,
> then pasted and did a bit of editing to get the bullets to render
> somewhat before posting. Maybe that gave the appearance of what
> webmail might do.)

Ah. Well, posting a URL of a page in question would have helped.  Let's
see; here's one :)

Well, according to the bottom of
https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2017-02/index.html, the Cygwin mailing list
archives are run by MHonArc software, so it would be a feature request
to MHonArc (https://www.mhonarc.org/) followed by getting the sourceware
webmaster to upgrade to the newer mhonarc version so that all sourceware
list archives (including cygwin) would benefit from that new feature.
Again, not something that cygwin is directly responsible for, as long as
MHonArc doesn't yet support it.