Re: Problem with mksetupini

On 15/02/2017 07:51, Sunny Lin wrote:
Hi all,

I encountered a problem and hope someone here can help me through.

I need to build a 32-bit Cygwin distribution with customized packages.
I have calm package installed.  I am learning to use mksetupini to
create a setup.ini file.  I use commands similar to the following but
always generate an INI file with only a header, no package information
in the file.

mksetupini --arch x86 --inifile=setup.ini --releasearea=.

I followed instruction in the following link and got the same result.
https://cygwin.com/package-server.html

Reading over that, it looks like step 2 is in need of a bit of updating and might have led you astray.

The directory you are pointing to as releasearea should contain x86/, x86_64/ and noarch/ directories, which should contain a release/ directory, which should contain the various package directories and subdirectories.

If that layout isn't followed, mksetupini won't be able to find the packages and thus they won't appear in the output setup.ini

Failing that, perhaps running mksetupini with the --verbose flag will give a bit more insight into what is happening?