Re: Console buffer width always 1 column less than setting

On 2/7/2017 9:40 AM, cyg Simple wrote:
On 2/7/2017 9:23 AM, Lee Dilkie wrote:

Cyg, I understand list etiquette but I'm referring to *human* etiquette.
Steve asked for help, got help but rather than acknowledge it (and add a
note at the bottom to *politely* tell Vince that he should find a way to
sanitize email addresses out of his replies), he just jumps aggressively
on the quoting issue (and confused things in the process because he, I
assume, meant to say "email addresses" instead of "email directly",
which doesn't parse well in english).

So I stand by my observation, Steve acted like a dork here.

Such name calling isn't taken well regardless of where it is used.
Please refrain from expressing such personal beliefs about anyone or
anything to this and any other list you may subscribe to.  The English
language is an ever evolving and fluid language and often a redefinition
occurs due to the human nature of being lazy.  I completely understood
Steven meant "email addresses" with his shortened form to "email" and
would even use it the way Steven did myself.

Indeed, English is an ever evolving language and I never called Steve any names at all. The language can be very precise as well.

You may well have understood what he meant, but those of us who have only been speaking the language for 55 years, myself, didn't. I was quite confused by what he meant and it took me a few minutes to figure it out. Normally I wouldn't have bothered but I was really curious as to what prompted his vitriolic (in my opinion) response.

-lee