Re: Please report this problem to the public mailing list...

On 1/24/2017 10:21 AM, Nellis, Kenneth (Conduent) wrote:
> We have received several postings of people responding to the Cygwin-generated
> message: WARNING: ... Please report this problem to the public mailing list
> cygwin@cygwin.com.
>
> I wonder how many places such messages are present in the Cygwin code.
>
> Just throwing out an idea here to help people help themselves...
>
> Consider all such messages carrying an error code and referred to a Cygwin web
> page that contained links to separate pages for each error code, and those pages,
> then, would contain the latest information as to how to recover from the
> respective errors.

Great idea.  I can see this

being referenced instead of the mail list which the person may not be
subscribed to. Care to present a patch to the web page?  And we need a
patch to the text parts of Cygwin to point to the web page.

--
cyg Simple