sshd and PuTTY and Windows firewall

Hi

First I'm using the Windows firewall in Windows 7 on a laptop and it is switched on.

I'm not sure whether this is a Cygwin question or not but I don't know where else to ask and it's driving me nuts. If I use the PuTTY app to connect to 192.168.1.100 it connects (where 192.168.1.100 is the local address behind and through my router). (Using Cygwin ssh 192.168.1.100 fails because of host key problems but that's a different issue.) So surely (he says) if I can use PuTTY to connect to the Cygwin sshd server at 192.168.1.100 then the connection is routed through my router and is not local to the machine as in loopback with ssh localhost in that sense. However if I open the Windows Firewall with Advanced Security dialogue I cannot find any Windows firewall inbond rules that allow Cygwin SSH through (or anything similar). The domain, private and public profiles all say "Inbound connections that do not match a rule are blocked". Therefore the inbound connection through my router should be blocked.

I'm worried that I might have a security hole somewhere. I don't want sshd open to the world just local to other machines on my local network (behind the router). This is a concern because since the machine is a laptop I might connect to the net with wifi in a coffee shop for example.

Can someone give me a clue as to what's going on please? What am I looking for? i'm sure I must just be missing the obvious.

Thanks very much in advance

Mike