RE: open IE from command line

> From: Doug Henderson
> On 21 December 2016 at 18:04, Doug Henderson  wrote:
> > On 21 December 2016 at 10:01, Nellis, Kenneth wrote:
>
> > Attached is a bash script, renamed as openurl.sh.txt, which will open
> > a url with either the default browser or Internet Explorer. It takes
>
> Last minute fix: before using the script, edit it to repair a copy/paste
> error.
>
> 26,26s/CMD/COMSPEC/
>
> i.e. in line 26, both variable references should be to COMSPEC.
>

> Attached is repaired copy

Thanx! That worked! Will have to scrutinize the script for the secret
sauce. Curiously, when opened in by script, IE, which is my default
browser, no longer recognizes visited links by displaying them in a
different color. No biggie. Also curious why others weren't having
this problem.

Regardless, the script is very helpful. Thanx, again!

--Ken Nellis