Re: compile python executable file on cygwin for windows

yes, i tried , the program can start at less, and it stop for unable to find a file , because the format of path of the file is wrong, i use open(path+r"\\"+filename,"rb"), but the program explain it as c:\xxx\xxx\xxx////filename,that is wired . and if i compile this source code under cmd. it works well .

also, i notice when i compile the program on cygwin with command pyinstaller -F example.py , there is a error that program can not find module win32com, and it still completed the compilation .

i thinks that might be the reason why the executable file which compiled under Cygwin can not run properly .

module win32com might be supported by pywin32 , i try to pip install pywin32 , but i was told there was no satisfies version . and i try pip search pywin32 , the resule as below:

$ pip search pywin32
PLUIE-new-realease-0.5 (0.5)  - a GUI for Python, via IE with Pywin32
pywin32-ctypes (0.0.1)        - UNKNOWN
PLUIE-new-realease (0.5)      - a GUI for Python, via IE with Pywin32
PLUIE (0.89)                  - a GUI for Python, via IE with Pywin32
pywin32 (214)                 - Python extensions for Windows

there is a pywin32 in the repository .

the next . i tried to compile pywin32 myself , unfortunately , i did not find the source code . only .exe file which is for the windows platform . i remember i installed a pywin32.exe on my windows OS , that meet the thing i said above , program compile under cmd can run properly .

from the what i experienced, i begin to doubt if if Cygwin can compile a python executable file for windows .