RE: permission question

You should be able to take ownership recursively of the offending files and then remove them.
(Right click - Security => Advanced => Owner Tab => Edit (you may be prompted by UAC for admin credentials) => Other users or groups => pick one
Don't forget to select "Replace owner on subcontainers and objects".  In a separate step, reset the permissions recursively to get full control, then delete everything.)

By the way, did you ever try to setup fstab to apply noacl to default mounts before doing your rsynch?
I wonder if that would have reduced your problems.