Bug in cygpath -a handling of leading ".//"

 Hello,

 I seem to have a special talent for finding problems related to the
handling of doubled consecutive slashes in cygpath, as 5 years after
posting my previous bug report on this topic (see
http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2011-06/msg00212.html), I have another one
which is also best shown with an example obtained with the latest Cygwin
2.6.0 version under Windows 7:

	[~]% cd /tmp
	[/tmp]% mkdir dir
	[/tmp]% cd $_
	[/tmp/dir]% cygpath -a ../dir
	/tmp/dir
	[/tmp/dir]% cygpath -a ./../dir
	/tmp/dir
	[/tmp/dir]% cygpath -a .//../dir
	/tmp/dir/dir

The last one is, of course, incorrect, as it should still output /tmp/dir.
Notice that the problem doesn't happen if "-am" or "-aw" is used, only for
"-a" on its own, so it does have a simple workaround: realpath can be used
instead. But I still wanted to report it in the hope that it might at least
help somebody else if they run into it (it took me quite some time to
realize that the bug wasn't in my own makefile but rather in cygpath
itself...).

 Please let me know if you'd like me to provide any further information and
thanks in advance for looking at this,
VZ