Re: Cygwin Setup - Choose Best Mirror Automatically for Automated / Silent Installs

> Just specify the mirror by hands.
> If it doesn't work for some reason, find that reason and eliminate it.

That's really not a good solution.  I don't have control over the
mirrors or would know why one isn't working.  I think a new
command-line argument should be added that makes Cygwin setup pick one
of the mirrors it knows is good from the list it downloads.

A command-line argument is the way to go, but a text file with a list
of known good mirrors that could be downloaded and parsed by a script
would also be of great help.  Cygwin already checks the status of its
mirros as far as I know.

And for some reason, using the mirror of
"http://cygwin.mirror.constant.com/"; on Windows Server 2008 sometimes
causes it to randomly crash complaining about a runtime c++ error
without any good information output into the setup log.  Like I said,
when I run the setup manually, the list of mirrors it pulls does not
contain "http://cygwin.mirror.constant.com/";.

I'd much rather rely on Cygwin's list than one hard coded site value
for a mirror which may or may not be up-to-date.