Re: problem installing openTimer in cygwin

Hi Kunal,

On Fri, Nov 11, 2016 at 7:21 AM, kunal ghosh  wrote:
> Hi
> I am trying to install OpenTimer software on my Windows 7 machine
> through cygwin, using standard steps "./configure", "make" , "make
> install"
>
> ./configure gives me the below errors for which I have googled and
> didnt founf anything constructive:
>
> Kunal@Kunal-PC /cygdrive/c/VSD/Tools/openTimer/OpenTimer-1.0.5
> $ grep error config.log

configure tries to compile a variety of throw-away programs to check
for the capabilities of the system.
Lots of errors in config.log are expected.
You should only look at config.log if configure reports an error and
fails to generate the Makefile.

(snip)
> g++: error: unrecognized command line option '-V'
> g++: fatal error: no input files
> g++: error: unrecognized command line option '-qversion'
> g++: fatal error: no input files

Here it probably tries to find the switch that prints the compiler version.
It has to try every known switch that does that; but no  compiler will
accept every possibility.
These errors are harmless. They tell configure that GCC doesn't
support the -qversion switch
(-qversion is accepted by IBM's XL C/C++ compiler for AIX).

(snip)
> /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-cygwin/5.4.0/include/omp.h:39:3: error:
> 'omp_lock_t' does not name a type
> /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-cygwin/5.4.0/include/omp.h:86:28: error:
> variable or field 'omp_init_lock' declared void

Here it probably found out that OMP is not supported.

> Inspite of the above errors, I go ahead with 'make' command and I get
> below errors:
>
> src/utilities.cc: In function 'pid_t
> google::glog_internal_namespace_::GetTID()':
> src/utilities.cc:265:29: error: 'GetCurrentThreadId' was not declared
> in this scope
>    return GetCurrentThreadId();
>                              ^

This suggests that OpenTimer thinks it's being compiled under Windows
(GetCurrentThreadId is a Win32 API function). It failed to identify
Cygwin as a POSIX platform. You could try submitting a bug report or,
if you're a programmer, fix it and supply a patch:

"OpenTimer is actively maintained by Tsung-Wei Huang. If you are
discovering any bugs or are interested in pursuing an OpenTimer-based
project with me, please contact  twh760812@gmail.com"

Csaba