Re: Blocking a base package from installing

Am 06.10.2016 um 16:57 schrieb Chris Sutcliffe:
I'm using a self compiled vim, so I uninstalled vim-minimal.  Every
time I run setup to get the latest updates, setup attempts to
reinstall vim-minimal - is there a way to make setup ignore
vim-minimal?

With the alternative being to pick a fight with the tools, wouldn't it be a whole lot more straightforward to install your own vim with --prefix $HOME or /usr/local instead? That's what I do with basically all packages I install from sources; and using stow to manage them even makes that reasonably painless.