From: cygwin-owner@cygwin.com [mailto:cygwin-owner@cygwin.com] On Behalf Of
Erik Soderquist
Sent: Tuesday, August 23, 2016 6:35 PM
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: Cygwin SSHD 32bit

On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 12:24 PM, Marcel Grandemange  wrote:
> Good Day
>
> I would really appreciate it if someone can assist me.
>
> I have a Windows server 2003 server with the latest Cygwin installed.
>
> CYGWIN_NT-5.2  2.5.2(0.297/5/3) 2016-06-23 14:27 i686 Cygwin
>
> I have setup the SSH service as I have many a time before on other
> servers. The service successfully starts however I cannot SSH into the
> machine and am presented with the following error:
>
> ssh_exchange_identification: read: Connection reset by peer
>
> Note that I have allowed it through the firewall and this error is
> even present on the machine itself

I had this error on a Windows Home Server v1 (server 2003 SB base) and the
only way I was able to resolve it was to disable the Microsoft firewall on
the host and use an external firewall.  It seems to be a problem with the
Microsoft firewall in my experience.  I had tried both opening tcp/22 and
the executable (either/or as well as together) to no avail.

-- Erik