Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: mintty 2.4.3 and test release mintty 2.5.0

> I have also uploaded mintty 2.5.0 as a test release with the following
> change:
>
>   * Revise DPI handling (#470; #492, #487); always consider individual
> monitor DPI.
>
> Note that this release introduces a slightly incompatible change in mintty.
> The issue is that the interpretation of font size used to be suitable for
> traditional resolution monitors and did not consider higher-DPI monitors or
> the Windows monitor "zooming" feature which adjusts a virtual DPI.
> As a result, the handling of changed DPI (when moving the window to another
> monitor) introduced in 2.2.1 interfered with other aspects, the initial DPI
> was not considered, and a number of unpleasant side effects were
> occasionally observed.
>
> I intend to change DPI handling to be consistent with the respective monitor
> DPI (as optionally configured by "zooming factor"), and to comply with font
> size interpreation of other applications, e.g. notepad. In consequence the
> initial font size may be smaller (or larger) than before, depending on the
> actual monitor geometry and configuration. Nothing would change on a
> "standard" monitor configuration. To compensate, some people may have to
> change their font size configuration.

I was about to write a bug report that I encountered with a maximized
mintty on a 125% secondary screen. When I minimized it to the taskbar
it would restore to my primary screen. But that problem is fixed now,
so for me 2.5.0 solves that problem even before reporting it. The
draft mail is thrown away ;-)

Thanks for the fix!

Frank