Re: Wrong file permissions

Hi Eliot,

thanks for your answer.

It seems this was an issue with the NTFS permissions.
I also was not able to access the folders via Windows Explorer.
After also fixing the Windows permissions it works now as expected so far.

Do you really think I got a new SID on the new box when logging in
with the same user of the same domain?
Can I check this somehow?

Why should the setup be redone on a new box?
I'd need to do redo all installations, configuration, and so on.
Besides ths permsissions issue I had, why shouldn't I just copy over
the whole cygwin root directory?
Everything cygwin related should be in there, isn't it?

Regards
Björn