Re: Is there a newer syslog-ng in the works?

> On Aug 17 16:09, Matthew Hatch wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've noticed that syslog-ng hasn't received much attention in cygwin
>> and is several years out of date (3.2.5). As such, it is missing some
>> features that are useful and pretty standard today in most syslog
>> daemons (ie: support for multi-line messages).  Is there any chance of
>> getting an updated version (say, 3.7+) built and released?
>
> All versions after 3.2 don't work on Cygwin anymore because the
> syslog-ng developers introduced a module loader mechanism incompatible
> with Cygwin.
>
> Updating to a newer version requires considerable porting effort.
>
> If somebody has fun to take over syslog-ng maintainership and work
> with upstream on a modernised Cygwin port, please feel free.

Thanks for the response! If recent versions of syslog-ng are no longer
suitable for Cygwin, would it make sense to dump it in favor of
rsyslogd, provided it doesn't also have similar issues with porting?
I'm no developer and wouldn't be the one to take up such a project,
but I'm just curious.

--
Matthew Hatch