Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: mingw64-*-gcc-5.4.0-2 (x86/x86_64)

>> How long does building the cross-compiler from your cygport take, usually?
>> I could try that and let you know if just applying the patch from
>>  https://gcc.gnu.org/viewcvs/gcc/trunk/gcc/config/i386/winnt.c?r1=232828&r2=232827&pathrev=232828
>> would fix matters. Not sure how many other packaging changes you'd need
>> to go from 5.4.0 to 6.1.0. (And 6.2 should be coming shortly.)
>

> Usually a 5-6 hours per target, but my machine is underpowered, testing
> would be much appreciated.

Sadly I seem to get similar-looking access violations even after rebuilding
5.4.0-2 from the -src cygport with the patch for GCC bug 66655 added. So
maybe some other change is also needed to get this working, hopefully one
that is included in GCC 6. I'll have to test a cross-compilation from
opensuse where they already have mingw-w64 GCC 6 packaged and see if things
are in a better shape there.

-Tony