Re: Launch cygwin as non-domain user

I didn't realize there was a response (on aug 8th to aug 6th) to this
since didn't get a mail, but am subscribed to digest now.

I have no passwd or group files. When I echo username, it's as I expect...

CHI+User(14497)@RVANOVERMEIREN ~/ror
$ echo $USERNAME
rvanover

I've read/scanned through chapter 3 but don't see anything so explain
why my shell has changed or how to revert it back.

I tried creating a new rails app, thinking it would own it and not
have permission problems, but it does...

      create  bin/rails
      create  bin/rake
      create  bin/setup
/usr/share/ruby/2.2.0/fileutils.rb:1344:in `chmod': Invalid argument @
chmod_internal - /home/
rvanover/ror/item_cart/bin (Errno::EINVAL)
        from /usr/share/ruby/2.2.0/fileutils.rb:1344:in `chmod'