Re: /dev/ptmx fails with Azure accounts

[I'm so sorry I'm messing up the mailing list by not replying to the proper email.... I only just got it through my thick skull now to subscribe to the mailing list. I think my brain is on vacation already....]

Unfortunately your prediction was correct - RunAs Administrator CMD gives this:

C:\WINDOWS\system32>whoami
azuread\russellmora

C:\WINDOWS\system32>whoami /all

USER INFORMATION
----------------

User Name           SID
=================== ===================================================
azuread\russellmora S-1-12-1-2043906341-1249388050-2635137163-399631282

GROUP INFORMATION
-----------------

Group Name                                Type             SID                                                  Attributes
========================================= ================ ==================================================== ===============================================================
Mandatory Label\High Mandatory Level      Label            S-1-16-12288
Everyone                                  Well-known group S-1-1-0                                              Mandatory group, Enabled by default, Enabled group
BUILTIN\Administrators                    Alias            S-1-5-32-544                                         Mandatory group, Enabled by default, Enabled group, Group owner
BUILTIN\Users                             Alias            S-1-5-32-545                                         Mandatory group, Enabled by default, Enabled group
NT AUTHORITY\INTERACTIVE                  Well-known group S-1-5-4                                              Mandatory group, Enabled by default, Enabled group
CONSOLE LOGON                             Well-known group S-1-2-1                                              Mandatory group, Enabled by default, Enabled group
NT AUTHORITY\Authenticated Users          Well-known group S-1-5-11                                             Mandatory group, Enabled by default, Enabled group
NT AUTHORITY\This Organization            Well-known group S-1-5-15                                             Mandatory group, Enabled by default, Enabled group
LOCAL                                     Well-known group S-1-2-0                                              Mandatory group, Enabled by default, Enabled group
                                          Unknown SID type S-1-12-1-2741946010-1181797680-2322883994-3292483823 Mandatory group, Enabled by default, Enabled group
NT AUTHORITY\Cloud Account Authentication Well-known group S-1-5-64-36                                          Mandatory group, Enabled by default, Enabled group

PRIVILEGES INFORMATION
----------------------

Privilege Name                  Description                               State
=============================== ========================================= ========
SeLockMemoryPrivilege           Lock pages in memory                      Disabled
SeIncreaseQuotaPrivilege        Adjust memory quotas for a process        Disabled
SeSecurityPrivilege             Manage auditing and security log          Disabled
SeTakeOwnershipPrivilege        Take ownership of files or other objects  Disabled
SeLoadDriverPrivilege           Load and unload device drivers            Disabled
SeSystemProfilePrivilege        Profile system performance                Disabled
SeSystemtimePrivilege           Change the system time                    Disabled
SeProfileSingleProcessPrivilege Profile single process                    Disabled
SeIncreaseBasePriorityPrivilege Increase scheduling priority              Disabled
SeCreatePagefilePrivilege       Create a pagefile                         Disabled
SeBackupPrivilege               Back up files and directories             Disabled
SeRestorePrivilege              Restore files and directories             Disabled
SeShutdownPrivilege             Shut down the system                      Disabled
SeDebugPrivilege                Debug programs                            Disabled
SeSystemEnvironmentPrivilege    Modify firmware environment values        Disabled
SeChangeNotifyPrivilege         Bypass traverse checking                  Enabled
SeRemoteShutdownPrivilege       Force shutdown from a remote system       Disabled
SeUndockPrivilege               Remove computer from docking station      Disabled
SeManageVolumePrivilege         Perform volume maintenance tasks          Disabled
SeImpersonatePrivilege          Impersonate a client after authentication Enabled
SeCreateGlobalPrivilege         Create global objects                     Enabled
SeIncreaseWorkingSetPrivilege   Increase a process working set            Disabled
SeTimeZonePrivilege             Change the time zone                      Disabled
SeCreateSymbolicLinkPrivilege   Create symbolic links                     Disabled