Re: System tray menu tuning & Xwin0.log in mintty console with startx

On 18/07/2016 22:31, pigreco erre wrote:
Hello,
thank you for your prompt answer.
I write again my email in text format because I think my previous was discarded (It could be  in html format) so I hope this time it arrives at the mailing list.:-)
With reference to the first question let me specify the steps.

Hi Alessandro,
mail in html format are rejected by the server filter.

When I launch Cygwin it appears on the task bar (at the bottom right) a system tray icon.

what do you mean with "launch Cygwin" ? How ?

In the program menu there are two related Cygwin folder
- one named "Cygwin" with the "Cygwin Terminal" (also know as Mintty)
- one named "Cygwin-X" with the "Xwin server"

Pushing the mouse botton, I open a menu (unfortunately I can't attached a little screenshot into my mail) and I find items like:

You can always provide a link to a image on the web, like
http://pasteboard.co/e4ebPMNc.png

Script
Open Bash
Open XServer
Beenden

I do not recognize these. Are you using a third party software ?
Or a specific X Window Manager ?

The item "open XSever" no runs so I think it starts with wrong parameter command inserted "in background" to the choice .
This is because on bash environment with startxwin it is all OK without problem.
I want to tune the parameters hidden on the menu -choice.
After I would to change the "Beenden" with "Exit-Cyg"
Where can I find the commands hidden  in this menu-items?
With reference to the second point my dubt:
is there a way to erase the echoin in mintty?
This is because when I go with startx & startxwin in "ConEmu" shell I don't see the log messages on to the screen,
otherwise when I go within mintty, startx makes the echo & startxwin doesn't make it

I don't use ConEmu. Mintty is fine for me.

The logs of the XWin Server are available on "/var/log/xwin/" directory,
whatever method was used to start the Xwin Server.

With "doesn't make" do you mean The Xserver don't start ?
Have you tried the icon on the Windows Program Menu ?

I hope that I reach to explain more well the my dubt than my previous email
Could you help me?
I thank you again for your big assistance
Have a nice weekend
With my best regards
Alessandro

Regards