Re: wget 1.17.x creates odd permissions on downloaded files

On Thu Jun 23 01:34:17 PM, Andrey Repin wrote:

> Greetings, Zube!

Thanks very much for taking the time to reply.

>  This is how Cygwin works around certain incompatibilities between
>  Windows and POSIX permission models.  Do NOT fall into a trap
>  and believe that Explorer trying to drag you to.  The permissions
>  are correct, it's just that Explorer is unable to deal with them,
>  because all it knows is so-called "canonical" order.

OK.

> If you want Windows behavior, use noacl flag on non-Cygwin mounts.

Thank you.  As you might have seen in my follow-up, it was simply
a change in behavior that I wasn't expecting.  Now that I expect
it, I can certainly set the execute bit on whatever executables
I download.

Cheers,
Zube