Re: last snapshot is not better than previous version

> On 2016-05-31 11:16, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>
> On May 30 19:00, Denis Excoffier wrote:
>>

>> I perform:
>> strace -o vi.out /usr/bin/vim 10k
>> and inside vi:
>> :0
>> /9999
>> :q
>>
>> Without snapshot, vi.out contains 15133 lines
>> With snapshot, vi.out contains 426553 lines. Huh?
>
> Again, I can *not* reproduce this.  Maybe we should start at the basics,
> a cygcheck output.  What's your OS?  I'm testing on a 64 bit W10.
> What's your terminal?  I tried from Mintty as well as from a console.

I tried from mintty, from a console and from xterm. I also
tried with /etc/nsswitch.conf, /etc/passwd and /etc/group removed.

Under xterm, an ls within a large directory is especially slow. On the
other hand (and contrary to what i said in my first message), the same ls
under the console window is ok.

Here is my cygcheck -s -v -r (yesterdays' snapshot, with 8 personal env var removed
and i had to pipe it though unexpand to overcome the 1000000-character limit).

Denis Excoffier.