Re: tar incremental backups and ctimeâ problem

It is not clear to me your expectation:
- are you asking how to use ctime to select the file with tar alone ?
  It is not possible for my understanding of the manual.

- Are you asking the package maintainer to change the behaviour of
  cygwin tar ? Unlikely to happen, but I leave to him.

Regards
Marco

Hi Marco,

Sorry, I am new to the mailing list. If I am not wrong, tar is
checking both of the ctime and mtime values to compare files during
incremental backups. Since opening and closing a MS document without
changing the content updates ctime, it would be preferable to add a
new option to tar to use only mtime for file comparing during
incremental backups.